Thursday, March 12, 2009

What the...??!!

I must first start off by telling you that I love billboards... As I clear my throat, I have to laugh. That sounds ludicrous...I mean, hilarious. Who the fuck loves billboards? Me, you bastard. I do! I'll tell you why...

Alright, sorry, I just had to get that out of my system. I was driving down the highway by my office the other day and I pass by this great billboard. It showed an advertisement for a local beauty school. Now, I am not knocking the actual school itself - mostly because I know a couple of people who went there. It's not a bad place, really. And it has a pretty good following. However, after seeing that billboard, I just had to laugh.

My co-worker was in the car with me and we were heading out to lunch. We both saw the billboard and laughed. Instinctively, I turn to him and say, "Recession-proof your career?" I didn't even wait for him to laugh. "More like, apocalypse-proof your career!" He lost his shit when I laid that one out on the table.

I go to explaining my statement and he stops me. He tells me that nothing more needs to be said...and besides, he couldn't stop laughing. I laughed with him for a few moments and then I proceeded to claim why I said that.

I told him that in this day and age, you can't make a statement like that...you have to go BEYOND the current state of affairs. We're ALREADY in a recession...DUH! You have to take it one step further if you want to attract people to your school of higher learning. That makes sense, right?

I figure that if a nuclear holocaust is the next step after this damn recession we all seem to be stuck in, then we better prepare our asses! If this lovely world we live in were to become a desolate wasteland, like an absolute shithole, then I would totally want...no, I would HAVE to make sure that my hair looked fabulous. And when I say fabulous, I mean FUCKING fabulous! If my flesh were rotting off of my skeleton due to radioactive fallout, the first thing that I would make sure of would be that my hair looked like a million bucks. Hell yeah!

And to sum this whole experience all up... My co-worker pissed his pants. Really. Just a little.

1 comment:

Michele said...

I was soo excited when this came up on my reader!!! You didn't tell me you were going to write! It's hilarious and I know that billboard, of course!